Actually if you click the link above you will find 1001 uses for household vinegar – but I only have a section called 10 ways to … (Not 1001 ways to …) It’s just nice to know that we have the option not to use harmful chemicals at home – not only because NONE of us should be putting those chemicals back into the environment but also for those who have sensitivities to chemicals, AND it’s great to remind ourselves that there are cheaper, natural alternatives to most things.
Here are 10 :
1. To shine chrome sink fixtures that have a lime buildup, use a paste made of 2 tablespoons salt and 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar.
2. Make your own scouring cleanser by combining 1/4 cup baking soda with 1 tablespoon liquid detergent. Add just enough white distilled vinegar to give it a thick but creamy texture.
3. Clean counter tops and make them smell sweet again with a cloth soaked in undiluted white distilled vinegar.
4. Clean and deodorize a drain by pouring in 1 cup baking soda, then one cup hot white distilled vinegar. Let this sit for 5 minutes or so, then run hot water down the drain.
5. For cuts and scrapes, use white distilled vinegar as an antiseptic.
6. Clean the shelves and walls of the refrigerator with a half-and-half solution of water and white distilled vinegar.
7. To clean a grease splattered oven door window, saturate it with full-strength white distilled vinegar. Keep the door open for 10 to 15 minutes before wiping with a sponge. (Vinegar and water spray will act as window cleaner too).
8. Get rid of lime deposits in a tea kettle by adding 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar to the water and letting it sit overnight. If more drastic action is needed, boil full-strength white distilled vinegar in the kettle a few minutes, let cool and rinse with plain water.
9. To kill germs, spray full-strength white distilled vinegar and then wipe dry. From chopping boards to door handles.
10. Get stickers off jam jars by letting undiluted white distilled vinegar soak into them for several minutes before trying to peel them off. Repeat if necessary.